Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/07 Seasons Over! Yee Haa!

Crystal - 03/07 Seasons Over! Yee Haa!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Mar 2023 16:49 #236355 by ddk
Ski Report - Dang!    Mighty fine day...Dang! Ultra-light crowd...Dang!.... Inch or so deep Pow...Dang!.... Great groomers that I did....Dang!...The off piste I did made the EXP's very happy...Dang!....and my brain? was functional enough for me to stay on top of the EXP's which make my day very very happy....Double DANG!

Wordy version report - As noted ultra-light crowd...Season is not officially over...till the next big powder day anyway, but the crowds are thinning. Vis terrible up top first ride...next time better...and it was a morning of vis changing that just got better and better.  Snow quality on the groomers that I did was carving smooth and fast.  Off piste from GVB to MF and GG and SS and FLD and PB and ... repeat was very happy today.  Low down on some of the less skied areas of the front of REX were a little bouncy - but doable.  Winds not too bad, temps more PNW happy - I almost got hot on a few runs.  Since nobody showed up today there was no real rush to anything I wanted to do.  Hooked up kinda late with #1 and we had great runs down MIFB and GV Pro Course and Huckleberry and Kellys Gap (very nice for me off piste below Rock Face and Lower E was a kick...big bumps fun). #1 skied big and strong...I had a very nice happy beat myself up bumps and steeps kinda day...all in all a very very nice day. The glass was very full today!

PS - MIFB MiddleIceFerkBerg
       MF Memorial Forest
       GG Greggs Gulch
       SS  Sunyside 
        FLD  Favorite Last Door
        GVB  Green Valley Bowl

Other - Passed through CB lodge during rush (ouch!)...soup was the Steak and Rice and Celery and Carrots and ? and it was spicy nice again...No pizza again today which was good since I had half of a Hess Bakery sandwich that was incredible!  CB lodge was packed and noisy when we were there.

Other Other - Special folks parking was busy, rest of A might have pushed half, B and C were pretty much a joke of bad parking and might have tried to push the shuttle stops.   Drive and down was ultra happy with dry mostly snow free driving (snow on the Blvd).  Didn't notice many elk sadly for #1 who likes to see those tall rodents.  

Other Other Other - Editorial comment for Crystal and I will send them an email also...the latest comp event was back yesterday and today, and those kids can ski big...but early morning they totally fill up the igloo at the base...where do the locals get to hang out early? Outside or where ever....got to sit up in the Rafters yesterday...today the employees where less tolerant as was guest services.... Crystal could provide some place for locals during comp events that use all the available space at the base...whine whine whine....that's just me...glad the ski day made up for my whiny personality....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.