Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/06 Snow Better Everyday

Crystal - 03/06 Snow Better Everyday

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Mar 2023 14:26 #236354 by ddk
Ski Report - 

Short version.... nice day, inch or two new, early sunny to clouds trying to blow in from the southeast, but mostly sunny on REX, groomers I did were great -MIFB, actual crowd on the slopes pretty mellow, no real lift lines noticed. Pretty fun morning cranking the vert on the EXP's

Wordy version - Arrived to early as usual, management was out setting up the parking signs (well Drew), didn't go in the igloo at the base since it was packed with another big free ride thing.... spent the time up in the Rafters - nice and quiet and mellow, suggested to Drew that when the igloo is full of competitors maybe opening up Rafters early would be nice.  Skied PB/BP's, the Last Door to BS (not groomed with nice baby bumps), SunnySide, Memorial Forest, GV Bowl to MIFB and a run down Grubstake - not my best turns.  Nice on all the runs especially due to lack of other folks skiing most of those areas.  Vis nice all morning.  Bailed kinda early with enough vert to qualify as a ski day and to save some quads for #1 tomorrow.

Other - Passed through CB lodge long enough to have some soup...Steak with Rice, celery and who knows what else and it was fairly spicy...very good.  Pizza was the veggie version - looked good.  Fairly busy in CB lodge.

Other Other - A lot was pushing halfish, B and C had lots of cars 3/4's, didn't notice much else.  Drive up early was mostly pleasant with a few random elk here and there and a herd in the Village area.  Drive down was very pleasant.... noticed one person having a social with a WSP on the straight section at the base of the Blvd... ouch! Haven't seen many WSP's this season, so pay attention.   Fun beating myself up morning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.