Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/03 A True POWDER Day

Crystal - 03/03 A True POWDER Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Mar 2023 15:03 #236345 by ddk
ski Report - Short version....OUCH! Ultra prime, best powder this season for me...deep, light, cold, just good enough on the vis oh meter!  OUCH!

Wordy version - Anticipating a powder frenzy I arrived extra early, which was great for the drive, should have been on first chair, but line control was all over the place as usual at the base of CHex.  Fairly large crowd, but surprisingly small for a  BIG powder day, such a relatively small early crowd that after my first lung busting run down a deep and untracked Sunnyside run - almost could not feel the hard layer underneath, the REX line was still relatively mellow via the singles line...and there was no real line there all morning....After a couple knee deep runs in BP's (bigger ouch!) and a  GV Bowl  to MIFB...PB called....got to CH 6 with still a mentally doable lift line early...PB! still lots of deep lines skiers right of the spine!  Did a few more GV/MIFB runs and headed back for break time at CB lodge...then another PB run - still very good and the lift line was still tolerable.  Headed back to REX and north facing still good, but BS run was getting sun impacted as was MIFB....did I say sun - not much but just enough to mank up the southern exposures....so with hurting wimpy quads I bailed.

Other - Soup and Pizza was the same as yesterday...just had a huge pizza slice - ouch.  Crowd was big when I left  CB lodge.  

Other Other - A lot was packed when I left...had an apology note from someone about parking so close to my truck...they were already gone, but two other cars crammed into where I had been parked....B and C lots were packed, and I spaced at that point...so for a Friday Powder Day it was a fair-sized crowd!    Drive up ultra early was snowing hard from Mud Mt. and the road was snow covered and getting deeper after I passed  Fed Forest.  Did notice elk in multiple locations...but where?  Ouch my brain?   Drive down was mostly pleasant...till I got behind a wimp  truck  heading to Black Daimond...and cause of it...the rest of the drive home was hell...missed lights, long waits for pipe  laying in Black Diamond....school kids out of school way to early and just plain folks that should stay home...oh well  it was a great morning of skiing in a great week of skiing....snow pack is awsome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2023 16:03 #236346 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Crystal - 03/03 A True POWDER Day
Best day of the season for me and the best runs were in Northway.  Oh wait, EH was the best run, followed by Right Angle, so I guess Short North is where the best runs were.  Lot's of really slow people driving down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.