Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/02 Stormy Snowing Fun

Crystal - 03/02 Stormy Snowing Fun

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 Mar 2023 14:47 #236340 by ddk
Ski Report - Short version ...stormy, snowing most of the day, pleasant NW Temps, but great snow quality, couple new early and nuking snow filling in all morning, short late morning clearing that included increasing winds blowing up valley.     Great groomer skiing on Magoos and MIFB and The New BS run (Big Shot!).

Wordy report - Very light crowd, fuzzy vis early up top, but good enough to ski GV Bowl to MIFB and also part of LS to BS...and BS is steep and was Double Diamond good grooming today.  Twas snowing pellet snow early which changed to nuking big clusters of snow.  Winds fairly light early but picked up pretty good late morning.  #1 had fun on FQex early and I joined her for a couple of very nice Magoo runs before our usual CB lodge break.  Did one run over to Slow Silver slope which skied nicely with nice untracked on skiers left side.  Did Deerfly which was okay.  Finished kinda earlier than I wanted to, but the wind was picking up and the vis was getting fuzzier for us. #1 had fun for her first two days in a row this season, I had fun on my fourth wimpy partial day...might try for a beat me up day tomorrow in the probably big crowds...if it snows to much tonight.

Other - Took a break at CB lodge for where we had a couple of cups of a Ramen Chicken Tofu Kale Bamboo shoots soup, a little spicy for #1 but just right for me...I also oinked a big pizza slice of Alfredo Sause with Steak and mushrooms (I think and maybe other stuff), it also was terribly good.

Other Other - A lot had a fair number of cars, B barely to the shuttle stop, C clustered around the shuttle stop and that was it.... very light stormy day crowd.  Drive up mostly pleasant with Elk spotted again at the burn area and a few more up by Buck Creek.  Snow on the road again from before Greenwater - not bad but slowed down the car in front of us.  Drive down totally casual and happy at speed.   Another fun day - duh!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.