Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/28 A Real Powder Day!

Crystal - 02/28 A Real Powder Day!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Feb 2023 14:46 #236332 by ddk
Ski Report - 

Short report ...OUCH! Sorry if you did not go today, I heard a lot of happy voices today.

Wordy version....Twas a very big morning ...very light crowd, very excellent Rocky Mountain quality snow (not NW normal), snowing hard early that turned into that dang happy sunshine (gonna mess up the south facing slopes)...beat myself up skiing - SunnySide (old proper), M-World (Memorial Forest) and BP to start the day...and the relatively small crowd was pretty typically efficient at cutting up everything...which left me lots of big wide untracked patches of blower fun....just wish my quads were stronger in my wimpy season.  But still had enough left to cycle PB three times late morning!  Fun!  Rocks up top (ski patrol used to shave off the tops of the 2 foot tall bumps and fill in the spots in between?  Apparently not this year.  PB skied great just right of the center spine - skied it more times today than most of the season.  Weather looked to be blowing in late morning and since #1 got home early from the failed far north trip I headed home.  Bottom line twas a very big powder day and folks were having big fun everywhere that I heard about.... should hear some big other reports today.

Other - On my last PB lap paused in CB lodge long enough to see no pizza today and the soup was Split Pea Ham and other stuff I can't remember.

Other Other - Drove up earlier than yesterday, better roads in the lowlands, 410 was getting mostly white at Mud Mt. and was packed white snow above Greenwater.  Got stuck behind the same construction worker that should not be driving his big wheel Tacoma to Crystal - could have been nice and pulled over?  Drive down was mostly pleasant and at happy speed with bare wet pavement.... didn't notice any elk again today?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2023 15:44 #236334 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Crystal - 02/28 A Real Powder Day!
A very nice powder day, but some occasional surprises under the snow.  After a couple front side runs and a BP (hitting aforementioned surprises), we had an epic top-to-bottom run down a lesser skied route that will reman nameless.  Then Exterminator which wasn't as good.  So, headed to Northway.  Very nice with the farthest north run being a kick.  By the time we hit Powder Bowl, ddk had skied it out and our legs were shot.  That was a no repeat for us and ended our day on the early side.  Even though we had some sun, the temperatures on top of the mountain stayed nicely cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.