Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/27 Wind Storm Heaven

Crystal - 02/27 Wind Storm Heaven

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Feb 2023 15:01 #236322 by ddk
Ski Report - OUCH!  Don't know actually what I expected for this morning, but it was not what I experienced.  Fair crowd early in the CHex lineup - well maybe 10 or 15 6 packs (maybe), snowing pretty hard all morning, winds screaming at the top of REX, vis absolutely crappie - fogging goggle lens, unseeable wind drifts, howling winds from the southeastish - ouch!  Vis did improve enough to get one good run into GV Bowl - would have been very happy with better vis....snow quality excellent cold - but variable due to the screaming SE winds.  Did a couple of runs down LS taking both the front and back cat roads - back was better.  One run in GV that was okay and showed promise, and one run down Upper Ferks to MIFB and lower Ferks which all skied nice when you could see them in between the ultra-up slope wind gusts. Also did a entertaining run down old SunnySide proper!  Had an ultra-short day for other reasons with a stop at CB lodge in a real snowstorm...skied Queens to SnowGarden to Slow Sliver on my way out for #1....all skied great with great groomer quality and not many folks around.  Tomorrow's leftovers could be epic.

Other - As noted I passed through CB lodge kinda early...folks warming up in a kinda cold lodge.  Soup was a Potato Leak sausage thingy...didn't have any, but I did have a massive vegy pizza slice that was very tasty.... lodge was filling up when I bailed out.

Other other - Drive up was a four-wheel ice fest from my house (truck was coated with a quarter inch of ice when I tried to get into it this morning), compact ice and snow from the Claw with various folks that should not be out driving in the snow.  Didn't notice any elk - praise the lord, road project on 410 just before what used to be Alta Vista(?) seemed to be mostly done.  Drive down was happier, but still variable with compact snow and ice to below the burn area.   Could have been a really fun day if I was not such a winp!  Telemetry and cams make it look pretty pleasant at Xtal right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.