Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - Feb. 24, 2023

Crystal - Feb. 24, 2023

• CD
  • [CD]
More
24 Feb 2023 15:51 #236318 by CD
Crystal - Feb. 24, 2023 was created by CD
I missed the Amigos today and know some of them would have liked the conditions.  It was cold (5 degrees at the base when lifts opened), crystal clear, and light winds.  In spite of the cold, I managed to stay comfortable all day, but did feel like the stay-puft marshmallow man.  The groomers were in great shape and in abundance.  Because of the cold, they never really got scraped down.  At 1pm, you could still get an edge on much of Ferkberg.  I skied from C6 to Northway.  The bad:  Paradise Bowl (deeper snow had blown in but it had  a bad wind crust on it), the bottom of Northway (ice), and Lower E (ice bumps).  The good:  GV right (a lot of skier grooming had it fairly smooth), Ferkberg, Top 75% of Powder Bowl, and Outer Ferks.  Bottom 1/4 of Powder Bowl was just OK as was Cambell Basin.  More crowded today and there was a line all day on the gondie that was just long enough to drive me over to Chinook Express on my top-to-bottom runs.  Lot's of people that haven't been up much this year really excited about the views.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.