Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/16 Glass over Half Full!

Crystal - 02/16 Glass over Half Full!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Feb 2023 14:58 #236296 by ddk
Ski Report - High overcast was all over the place, looked good, looked bad.... bottom line it was a very nice day in the Sun zone. " Ultra" light crowd - finally got pre first chair since head lift Opp had the day off - yee haa!  Snow quality on the groomers was excellent early and fast with the "ultra" light crowd, from Little Portillo to MIFB.  Did do a couple GVex runs with #1 when we reconnected mid-morning...before that - ouch! EXP's where in heaven and I was along for the ride.  GV Bowl - skiers right close to Pro Course - couple more amigos could have really pounded it into shape - solo, I was having too much fun anyway.  Little Pro Course early was primo carving packed powder (?).  MIFB was perfect and fast.  #1 started over on FQex and was apparently pretty happy about the skiing and the "ultra" light crowds.  Fun day! Could have skied longer for sure.... #1 is getting close to having to sit in the condom at the base till I be ready to leave.  Bottom line - a fun day in the sun on an "ultra" light normalish Thursday.

Other - Paused at CB lodge for a rest break...soup was? Kale/sausage/vegy Italian Wedding or Tomato Bisque (yuk).  No specialty pizza (apparently head guy left early not feeling well)...had a huge greasy pepperoni slice - still feel okay right now.  

Other other - Drive both up and down were at happy speed due to the early time both ways time.  Special folks parking was nice sized, A lot was pushing halfish? B full to the shuttle stop, C pretty much localized to the shuttle stop.  Saw some elk in the Village area, a bunch of really scarry elk freaking out just before the pull out for falls...definitely tensed me up...right-left--center-which way? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.