Baker 2/13.

• Bill
  • [big bill]
More
13 Feb 2023 16:18 #236285 by Bill
Baker 2/13. was created by Bill
When your daughter calls and asked to go skiing, you drop everything and go. We left A Town a little late, but still made the 9 o clock spin of the lift. As we pulled through Valhalla ( Glacier) the big flakes had already started to fall, we followed the Dragon ( the plow) up the hill as it was shooting sparks in the dim of the breaking dawn.  The parking lot was your classic Baker pre ski scene, you know what I’m saying. We clicked in and got the up load, we slid down to chair 5 and up there was the boot top light fluff for us to play in, we worked the heck out of a few side hills with knee deep stuff , lap after lap, my daughter can Stand on the sticks, I’m many winters old now, I did my best to keep up. Chair 6 skied well, it’s aspect made you feel the bottom a little. No  chair 8 today as it snowed the whole time we were there. Low viz.  
we stoped to check the soup, but alas we settled on a hot chocolate and some cheese, just like the old days.  Funny how skiing with your kids makes you feel old and young at the same time.  I loved it.  
Baker is going off right now.  Great vibe, great snow and to park and walk 30 steps to the lift is old school that has been lost in the BigBucks ski area.
although you could not see the cathedrals of Mt Shuksan you could feel her presence. 
Baker is worth the 1.5 hour drive from or island in A Town.   
think snow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.