Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/07 More Powder and Very Wintery

Crystal - 02/07 More Powder and Very Wintery

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Feb 2023 14:51 #236266 by ddk
Ski Report - Ultra light crowd to start, breezy, snowing lightly, tough vis up top at times and others were so very happy.  Snowing big fat damp flakes late morning/mid-day - very nice filling in.  #1 started as usual on FQex and was apparently very happy with the skiing and the lack of participation from others.  Rex for me was pretty similar, great grooming on LS and MIFB (nice to be able to trust the smooth surface when the vis is iffy and the snow carves nicely).  GV Bowl skied nice when you could see it.  Got #1 up top and we skied LS, GV and MIFB...then back over to FQex for a late lunch/break.  After that I ran loose and skied SunnySide, a late Door and Memorial Forest...all skiing very nice with bottom 1/3 of each skiing like happy real winter.... it's been a long time since I finished with some real ski runs.  Ended up a very nice day - though a little short on the time.... if the snow keeps up at all and it don't look like it right now tomorrow will be kinda big

Other - A kinda late CB lodge break was pleasant.... light crowd, soup was Potato Leek Kale...looked green and creamy...wonder if it had any whole potatoes?  The real score today was the special pizza - Marinara sause with sausage and bacon bits - OUCH!  Best I've had out of CB lodge in a long time.... definitely meat lover's version and the new big pick your own slices that is less expensive now!.

Other Other - Parking lots all pretty light with B to the shuttle stop and C folks clustered around the shuttle stop.   Drive up and down were mostly real weekday happy...one near miss of an elk in the burn area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steepdeeply
  • [steepdeeply]
More
07 Feb 2023 17:35 #236267 by steepdeeply
Replied by steepdeeply on topic Crystal - 02/07 More Powder and Very Wintery
New snow stake location is behind the patrol building at the top of 9. Ski patrol says it will give a more accurate depth. I noticed it did not register any snow from today, the bottom of 6 was a better location.

More
08 Feb 2023 08:03 #236268 by Tandy
Whistler was VVVvVery deep yesterday foot+ type do no wrong type of deep