Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/06 Another Powder Day

Crystal - 02/06 Another Powder Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Feb 2023 14:44 - 06 Feb 2023 14:45 #236260 by ddk
Ski Report - Powder Monday...well it was only an inch or two in most places, but noticed more in the Doors and heard a big report from Myikat about HC chair line chutes being pretty deep.  Groomers early great when you could see them, big foggy up top early, but it lifted enough to get some nice vis in GV Bowl and MIFB during mid-morning.  The new snow really improved the quality in many areas and the EXP's were exceedingly happy, and I was happy to be along for the ride.  Vis was definitely in and out and it drove me out a little after noon, but it was fun while it lasted.  Crowd really was not too bad, no lift lines, but Mondays do seem like the new Fridays.

Other - Did the usual to early stop at CB lodge which was just the right time.... soup was some Chicken soup with weird noodles, kale and a bunch of vegy's.  Pizza special was I have to say excellent - Chicken with bacon bits and onions on what might have been another alfredo sauce...yum yum and the left-over part when I got home was microwave happy. 

Other Other - Drove up a little on the late side and got stuck in another caravan...ouch! Only noticed one elk in the Ranch area...I'm sure there were more.   Drive down extra early was happy record drive home.  Special folks' lot was only half full, rest of A pushing halfish, lots of cars in B and C would have been half full each if anybody helped folks park...parking lot crew seems pretty casual these days.  Sounds like tomorrow is gonna be stormy - just like #1 likes it .... keeps the crowds down.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2023 14:45 by ddk. Reason: editing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2023 15:42 #236263 by BB
Replied by BB on topic Crystal - 02/06 Another Powder Day
We found the best snow of the day right in plain view. I am reluctant to give it away here but I will give you a clue. It is a new open area and you see it all the time.

• steepdeeply
  • [steepdeeply]
More
06 Feb 2023 17:53 #236264 by steepdeeply
Replied by steepdeeply on topic Crystal - 02/06 Another Powder Day
The big question of the day is where did they move the snow stick to? It is no longer at the bottom of 6 and it is not lighted at night.

More
06 Feb 2023 20:41 #236265 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Crystal - 02/06 Another Powder Day
Silver Basin was great all over but NE trees were da bomb