Baker

• Bill
  • [big bill]
More
02 Feb 2023 18:00 #236248 by Bill
Baker was created by Bill
Pulled into a front row spot about 8AM, sweet spot. Booted up and slid into a mellow line up to upload at 9, made my way over to chair 8 . Shuksan was out in full glory, truly a cathedral of the mountains. Light wind and chalky snow was on the menu all day. It was a perfect day for me to continue to dial in my new boots. The Orange coats were busy helping the black jackets in prepping the banked track for the big weekend.  
a very light crowd and a great vibe everywhere on the mountain. Baker is a very special place, low key, hippie dippy, way chill staff and a lot of hard core skiers/ boarders. The ARM looked inviting, but also looked like a lot of wind loaded pockets way out there, not much activity on the Arm, but it’s so inviting. BTW. No control work is done out there, except on the beast.  
no soup report, 
it was good to be in the cathedrals of the mountains today. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2023 21:26 - 02 Feb 2023 21:28 #236251 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Baker
Nice post...I do like Baker...except for Feb 12th last year....as sunny as today....but the biggest crowd I've ever seen up there, because of that there is probably a soup report from last year.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2023 21:28 by ddk. Reason: more words.

• Bill
  • [big bill]
More
03 Feb 2023 04:06 #236252 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Baker
Weekends or special occasions  can be crowded , but like Crystal mid week is chill for the most part. It’s old school to park and walk 30 steps to the lifts. I’m an old skier now so the no fall zone for me is now the parking lot, The drive up is always interesting and pulling through Glacier in the early morning is like going to Valhalla, it’s a magical snow town community. I’ll try to get a soup report next time, but truth be told, I’m an IPA and nachos type of guy.
better to be in the mountains thinking of God, than to be in church thinking of the mountains.  Safe turns

More
03 Feb 2023 14:27 #236254 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Baker
Yee Haa! Whoooo Hooo!  100% agreement on every word of your post.