Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/02 Groundhog Saw his Shadow

Crystal - 02/02 Groundhog Saw his Shadow

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 Feb 2023 16:44 #236247 by ddk
Ski Report - Short version...glad I was at Crystal today! Ouch! Prime if you don't mind the lack of new snow and I do not. 

Overly wordy version - Sadly another sunny day in the almost never-ending sunny season. Dang(sp) it Janet! Fake News! I love sunny days, I live for sunny ski days, I suffer nasty snowy powder days (not really).  But today the combo of big sun, relative warmth (not to cold and not to warm just Goldilocks nice). Some fair winds up top but not too bad. Great grooming on the groomers I did - the usual. GV Bowl baby bumps and carving chalk was excellent! #1 had a good start on FQex with prime grooming and not much participation from others.  Speed demons where out on Rex runs but not too bad with the ultra-happy light crowd.  Sadly, I was typically wimpy in my treadmill world...but oh so happy.  #1 showed up earlier than normal on REX and the frenzy ended for a while of very nice casual runs in the Valley, out Snort way, LS and MIFB (MIFB was prime fast today and smooth). Fun day, starting to feel really online. Big bonus was letting the tune shop at the base sharpen our edges!  Lordy! it is nice to have sharp edges...Ultra fun day.

Other - Took a break with #1 kindaish early at CB lodge.  Soup was that Red Bean/Pork/Sausage (pork I assume) and a mess of other things...still very good. Planned on a homemade sandwich...but the pizza special today was an Alfredo sauce Chicken Sun dried Tomato's creation that sucked me in, and it was excellent.  So, I ate to much again...but that allowed for a mid-day frenzy on REX and it was sweet!

Other Other - Drove up in the newer later system this year, still plenty early, didn't notice any elk today, but some others had sad impacts or near misses, drive was at speed even though we were in the middle of a pack of 8.  Drive down was ultra-happy casual.  Special people and A lot were mostly empty. Big water works project at the sphincter of A lot (jack hammers, drilling holes, looking in other holes.... there has recently been a very funny speed bump as your entering A lot.  B and C halfish due to lack of parking lot guidance...otherwise they would be less than a quarter.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2023 18:35 #236257 by BB
I have been wondering about that speed bump coming into A lot. I don't remember that from years past but with my poor memory nothing is guaranteed. 

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Feb 2023 14:47 #236261 by ddk
Crystal has some water pipes running through that area that are not working to well....huh?