Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - Feb. 1, 2023

Crystal - Feb. 1, 2023

• CD
  • [CD]
More
01 Feb 2023 16:25 #236244 by CD
Crystal - Feb. 1, 2023 was created by CD
Arrived at the BWT (Big White Tent) to see the usual hardcores there.  And, then there was me.  My posse was either injured, had prior commitments, or weren't enthused about the potential conditions.  The resort was very empty with multiple bucket rides by myself today.  Weather was very high overcast with some sun breaks, but all the volcanos from Hood to Baker plus the Olympics were glowing in sunlight.  Temperatures were warmer and there was no wind.  The first run down the valley and Ferkberg was much better than Monday.  I guess yesterday's inch of snow with today's warming made a nice difference.  In fact, Ferkberg was a lot better than when LD skied down it on Monday with a broken leg (quote: I'm not getting in any toboggan).  Being solo, I kinda went crazy and skied the entire in-bounds mountain.  From south to north, the runs I did that were good and had at least one repeat were: CB, PB to BP, JC to BP, GV to FB to LB, GV to CL, SE through MT and out KG, PB (north) down through SV, and NWP.  The best of the bunch was CB and JC which were smooth cartvable styro snow.  Even better was NWP which had yesterday's 1 inch of new unskied on top of smooth carvable styro snow.  Can you say butta?  The worst run today was a one and done:  C1.  Yesterday's one inch of new on top of frozen chicken, cat, and dog heads.  Ouch, why did I do that?  At 1pm, it was full on sun and crazy fast runs down GV or over to BP.  Given my experience on C1, I stayed away from the front side.  Poured on the vert today for a season high.  One of those days I was expecting poor and got good.  Love that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2023 16:48 - 01 Feb 2023 16:52 #236245 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Crystal - Feb. 1, 2023
Lordy Lordy! Congrats on the alphabet soup of run names .... You got to post a CMSkier pictograph to tells us what ski area you were at?  just kidding...but ouch oh me and double congrats of suffering such a terrible day while LD suffered at home.....ps what you got today is why I like solo days....no waiting, no talking, no real thinkin about where I want to go...but I be kinda a wimpy lazy kinda skier vs you.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2023 16:52 by ddk. Reason: ps comment added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.