Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal -01/26 Sun Enough and Fun

Crystal -01/26 Sun Enough and Fun

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 Jan 2023 16:52 #236225 by ddk
Ski Report - What to say?  Looked good early waiting for CHex to start loading...looked bad riding  CHex and REX....but all went happy with plentiful sun and big views,  ultra-light participation from the masses, never noticed a lift line, great grooming - though MIFB early was pretty firmish from yesterday's heat.... other groomers?  LS was wall to wall great (even though they flattened my fav bumps on skiers' right side), New Diamond grooming run from Windy Pass down to mainline LS...? Huh? Cat crew is going crazy!  As noted, light crowd, but as usual it was a screaming downhill crowd.... especially the jerk that can't ski with poles but uses the whole slopes and you never know where he is!  Didn't do anything big or very fun, couple of runs in GV Bowl and Big Time Pro Course heading to MIFB.  #1 had a pretty good day with the exception of one dang nasty way to early...more later.  Heard lots of big goodness about PB and it did look nice.... wimped out typically too early.

Other - Took a break at CB lodge with #1...no soup for me...Tomato Bisque stuff...but they are now cooking some pizza for the single slice crowd that is not just cheese (kids!) and pepperoni - today was a very nice very big (and cheaper based on new pricing) Vegy slice!  Very good.

Other Other - Drive up happy early and mostly casual with a couple cows walking the road in the ranch area...drive down was even better and casual in the sadly to early afternoon.  Special folks parking big enough, rest of A pushing the quarter full area, B and C would have been a 1/3 full if there was any parking lot help...lots of single widely spaced rows today.

Other Other Other - #1 got F'ed by a guy when we were getting off CHex..he didn't stop to help as did not the lift opp who was clueless at the time, lucky not to hurt, but she is ackey.  The operation loading CHex for first chair is still a mess (even more so this morning) ....so #1 on casual nobody around days will wait (as I will with her) for 5 minutes to get a solo empty chair...  We both still had a fun day in the sun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.