Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - Jan 11, 2023

Crystal - Jan 11, 2023

• CD
  • [CD]
More
11 Jan 2023 15:11 #236187 by CD
Crystal - Jan 11, 2023 was created by CD
Weather wasn't quite as sunny as yesterday with occasional fog and the snow was a bit crunchier.  Same strong winds, and same no-wait-in-line crowd.  Ravens Hall has heat and smells bad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2023 10:09 #236190 by RB2
Replied by RB2 on topic Crystal - Jan 11, 2023
My #1 and I arrived just in-time to take ddk's A-lot spot but he apparently was already gone though we thought we saw CMskier as we pulled up.  Gondy closed ~1pm due to wind so we skied rex and gv.  Ridgeline from rex to gv extremely windy at times, 68mph gusts verified, though winds ok once you dropped off the ridge onto frontside, gv chair line, and upper-E.  The "Big boy" run under rex was better than expected with all the windblown that filled the bumps, same for the gv lift line run.  The main drop from the gv ridge into the bowl was firm pack.  Upper to lower E very good with windblown and occasional untracked stuff not wind affected.  Some nice powder under the old chair#1 lift line and under midway.  R & Left angle trees showed open for the first time in a while where I found lots of nice untracked pow that got a bit thicker and thinner further down.  Last ~300' vertical above I5 had a few inches over a spotty base with many lurker logs and pungi sticks, but the upper part made it worth it.  Some sluffs here and there, so new snow will not bond well to the windblown and low density pow.  No soup report since last chair people don't take lunch, and couldn't verify bad smell problem with Ravens Hall since we don't even know where it is.

• CD
  • [CD]
More
12 Jan 2023 16:03 #236192 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Crystal - Jan 11, 2023
Ravens Hall is the big white tent at the base area that serves as a gathering place for the early morning crowd waiting for the lifts to open.