Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - Winter Solstice

Crystal - Winter Solstice

• CD
  • [CD]
More
21 Dec 2022 15:15 #236151 by CD
Crystal - Winter Solstice was created by CD
A very cold day on the mountain and more people up today, but still no lift lines once out of the bottom.  Top of the mountain was in the sun all day, but down 500 feet and it was light fog the rest of the way.  It snowed off and on as well.  Snow was really good and piled up, but there's still that really firm base layer.  In some places noticeable and others not so much.  Be aware that the top gate into Employee Housing is not open in spite of notifications to the contrary.  Been that way all week.  If you head that way, be prepared to ski Otto Bahn back down to Northway chair or O Meadows back to the I-5 trail. Top of C6 is finally getting some coverage.  And, they finally groomed the run-out on Snorting  Elk, but still no grooming coming back to GV from the top of Northway.  Makes the tuck up to Horseshoe Chutes and EH a thrashing mess.  Really slow traffic heading up early, and slow traffic back down.  Oh, the roads around Lake Tapps are bare, but Murrey's Disposal cancelled our garbage service anyway.  I digress. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2022 18:24 #236153 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Crystal - Winter Solstice
CD, if you want to ski employee housing, you have to go through Poachers gate, which is to the left
at the top of Right angle. Today was absolutely beautiful!! Amazing how much better the skiing was
today than yesterday, and yesterday was good. Tomorrow should be a cold one! What the heck it's
supposed to be cold when we ski. They call it winter for a reason.

• CD
  • [CD]
More
21 Dec 2022 18:52 #236154 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Crystal - Winter Solstice
Thanks, Binx.  I found that out after talking to patrol.  Just not convenient once you get to the upper gate to get back to Right Angle.  Oh well, once you get through the gnarly top of O-Meadows, it was awesome.  Haven't skied that in 10 years, then twice this week.  Just makes for a long push back to the base along I-5.