Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 11/18/2022 60th Opening Day

Crystal - 11/18/2022 60th Opening Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Nov 2022 18:33 #236071 by ddk
Crystal - 60th Opening Day
Short report - Cold, sunny, limited options for where to ski, fairly light crowd thanks to Crystal limiting the day to only pass holders, icy in places, soft powder from the snowmaking guns in other places.  The cat track from CHex to the bottom of FQex is wider and nicer than I've ever seen it.  Kinda tough early going from big sunny to areas still in the shade.  Glad to get first day over with.

Long report - Arrived as usual ultra-early...6:15, A lot where I parked was ultra-icy skating quality up front...ouch!  Got my fav front row gate for CHex.  Very social scene with news camera crews from channel 5 and 13.  When the gates opened at 8:45 the crowd was not too big (1st 60 folks got a 60th year commemorative pin, I got a free still warm cookie from one of the mechanics mid-morning - thanks Jim.   Did one early run on Slow Silver - actually warmer there than on CHex, but the skiing early was pretty challenging, apparently it got a lot better by 11am which is when I bailed out.... which got me in line for the 1st 60 free fish and chips...pretty good.  Drive up early was nice and quiet, only noticed a few elk.  Drive down was pleasant and at speed. Hope we get some real precip soon...I be getting tired of the early season limited options...but it's still good for getting my old quads in shape. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2022 17:39 #236078 by BB
Replied by BB on topic Crystal - 11/18/2022 60th Opening Day
But I was disappointed to not see you getting on the first chair. The new base webcam (video) does not have a view of the chair. I guess I will have to see you in person soon.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Nov 2022 21:06 #236079 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Crystal - 11/18/2022 60th Opening Day
Got all excited when I noticed a new post.... almost! Good to see your still out and about BB...ps - I was on the first chair, regardless of what the photos sequence showed...also
got first Shiver Silver chair on Friday (per Binx new name - better than Slow Silver).   Would have been nice to see a new post from the folks that went today?