Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 07/08 Trash Day

Crystal - 07/08 Trash Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Jul 2022 18:34 #235992 by ddk
Crystal - 07/08 Trash Day was created by ddk
Great day - not sadly skiing but picking up the trash from the seasons less nice snow sliders that trash the slopes - some unintendedly and others that are just plain JERKS!  Oh well I get to pick up a lot of beer cans and they are worth a lot these days!  More than a penny?  Found stuff, lots of other folks found even more stuff and when I saw the display table at the base it was impressive!   Been doing this thing for a lot of years and the amazing thing is I still find original zip top cans!  Those things that nobody under the age of 40 knows about.  

Twas a nice day - not too hot, not to cold, nice cool breeze (and sometimes the breeze was howling), sun, clouds, no squeeters to worry about.... just a pleasant day...and my quads will hurt tomorrow?   Ouch!  

Other info - OUCH!  The new H (?) lot is getting cut out of a big patch of trees across from D and E lots...so much for limiting crowds and traffic? Bigger news is the new gladded runs below Bearpits and Lucky Shot Trees area...not just taking out the Avy tree debris but also a lot of glading of "real" formally live trees...will be nice, but OUCH!   All of the base area is a hive of activity and building - even heard big work up on Gold Hills rich folks' area!  Heard about but didn't see big changes in the main lodge both in the former Brown Bag area/original Crystal folks locker area and who knows whats happing upstairs in the main lodge?   But it's gonna be a big new world next season!

Crystal is no longer a local ski area.... moving into the big times!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• filbo
  • [philgallagher46]
More
09 Jul 2022 09:08 #235994 by filbo
Replied by filbo on topic Crystal - 07/08 Trash Day
DDK
This is a question I think you could advise me on.  I live in Yakima and unfortunately our Patrol Ski Swap was discontinued several years ago so there is nothing in that respect on this side of the mountains.   Do you know if Crystal has a ski swap in the fall or perhaps any other ski swaps that are held annually on the west side?
Any info appreciated.
thanks

More
03 Oct 2022 11:57 #236018 by RichV
Replied by RichV on topic Crystal - 07/08 Trash Day
New Cascade Lodge Configuration for 2022-23This winter, Cascade Lodge will be transformed to accommodate every skier and snowboarder’s needs. Level one of the lodge will continue to house both the men’s and women’s restrooms, water refill stations, and information about upcoming events, promotions and more.Level two of the Cascade Lodge will now be home to Crystal Mountain’s human resources and central staffing offices providing a break room for staff. Level two will have new seasonal lockers available for rent through guest services.Level three, which once housed the Cascade Grill, will now be home to the Youth Adventure Club (formerly known as Kids Club) this season. Cascade Grill will relocate to a food container in discovery meadow with outdoor seating options and indoor seating available in Raven Hall.Level four will welcome Brand X, now encompassing rentals, demos, the tune shop, and ski check so all your equipment needs are in one place. Brand x will be conveniently located next to the lift lines, making it easy to stop and grab your gear and get right back in line. New this season, the gear check will be available to store your skis, snowboards, bags, and more all winter. For your daily locker needs, there will be kiosks available to make renting a breeze.The Rafter’s Smokehouse will remain on level five for one more winter season before the smoker moves into the Mountain Commons to open the new Smokehouse restaurant.

Newport Ski Swap is the largest swap in the Seattle area.  I haven't been there in a couple of years, but it used to be standing room only.