Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 05/22 First Real Spring Day of the Season

Crystal - 05/22 First Real Spring Day of the Season

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 May 2022 15:07 #235962 by ddk
Ski Report - Big Fun sorry you were not there today, best spring prime day this season!

Wordy Version - OUCH!...Bigger early fired up crowd, but not to bad...never got really all  that bad....but for late May it was a pretty big party crowd by mid day, actual  almost lines on REX....not sure about GVex but the chairs all looked full.   Grooming not as prime as yesterday as I expected and not as extensive either (heard a cat died last night)...otherwise it was bigger, funner, sunnier and happier than yesterday and a grand finally for REX if current company propaganda holds up....REX will not be shut down for lack of snow - I've never ever seen the coverage on the WHOLE upper mountain this good this late in the season, its better than it was in late March (or at least I dont remember it ever being this good, which is very plausible). Had a lot of fun from LS bumps to Windy Pass bumps to SunnySide (proper) bumps to MIFB prime bumps, to great groomers in the Valley!  

Other - Drive up was ultra-nice and empty quiet (set a drive time record)...did notice a few random Elk (most at the bottom of the Blvd).  A lot was ultra packed full of stupidity, I kinda spaced and think there might have been a lot of cars in C...B? Drive down was in traffic but it was still fast enough to make normal average.  Rant the jerks parked all around me this afternoon - folks in the Special parking area in front of me with out permits, marginal folks parking 15 feet behind the first row early this morning?  Rave the cat crew for keeping things as good as they are on the main runs.

Other Other - Twas ultra nice to see a lot of familiar and happy faces today from Binx and his crew, to The Ferks (he  was working again) - but we got some fun runs, to THE BIG HUGH - he scares me, to Neil the very nice snowboarder, to short Lori - Ms. "Hey Dan do you want to hike the KING?",  to Quick Foot - nice to see you today, To the Great and only Scotsman (second hand report from him was that East Peak was very fun).   Great day seeing lots of happy snow sliders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
22 May 2022 18:43 - 22 May 2022 18:48 #235963 by Quick foot
Saw ddk in the front of the Gondi line in the morning. We were about 10 buckets back. Things were a bit firm in the shade right off the bat` but softened nicely.  Lots of nice sunshine till about 1 o'clock when clouds started rolling in but it was still good. The spring corn snow was really good just about everywhere. Sunnyside delivered big time, it was worth multiples. Iceberg was springy snow and about as good as Iceberg gets. The edges of lucky shot were lots of fun. Green valley was Primo too, except early on West face was firm firm.The lift line in green valley never got more than 5-7 minutes and most of the time it was less than that. The line on Rex was never bad. We did take a lunch break at the bottom and took the gondola back up aout 12 o'clock-ish and the line wasn't bad at all then. The only downside to the day was there was a big wreck at Federation Forest. It blocked traffic for about an hour and a half. Fortunately we were in the Naches Tavern and  ust hung out drinking beer. The Nachez was doing land office business with about a 15 minute wait to get a beer and a one hour wait to get food.  It was the last day of the season for us but it was a grand way to go out.

beer line 

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 May 2022 18:48 by Quick foot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.