Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 05/13 Twas a Friday the 13th Pow day

Crystal - 05/13 Twas a Friday the 13th Pow day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 May 2022 14:49 #235955 by ddk
Ski Report - Dang another powder day in the never ending Mayuary!...Twas very nice 4 to 10 new cold snow this morning, but this time of the year the sun is "very" warm...Very hard ice under the new powder, what grooming I did was okay.  Big penalty?  Big crowd for a Friday in May!  Morning lineup for the Bucket was weekend big...GVex crowd kept growing as the morning progressed...everything visible was cut up by 9:30....so I'd heard that the Bucket line was not to bad...ski to the base around 10ish...was reasonably small...one more lap T2B and the line was bigger than first load - ouch...day ended for me....Twas fun and deep in lots of places, had some nice powder turns (the Coombas were very happy)...but with no REX running today and my lack of ability to stand in lift lines and be nicely social....it was a very short end of season day.

Other - Drive up this morning was mostly pleasant except for the guy that would not pass me but was always right behind me.... drive down was mostly pleasant till I got to the road work at the big straights below Fed Forest - OUCH! Spent 20 minutes waiting for the lead truck to lead us through the rumble zone replacement project!   Noticed Elk in the morning, didn't notice any on the way down.... A lot was full to the max when I left (10:45 ouch!)  B lot was pushing the shuttle stop, C lot might have been a 1/3 full and there was a lot of cars heading up as I left.

Other Other - All week Crystal had on their web site that The Bucket/GVex/REX would be open this Friday through Sunday....thought REX was a long shot, but okay.... I think based on comments a lot of folks thought it was "real" news!  NOT! Also based on forecasts that today would be the best of this weekend...it was nice but very cold early and very warm by 10am....All the south facing slopes will be nasty tomorrow unless the rains are relentless, or the sun actually shows up.    Bottom line it was a fun morning while it lasted...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.