Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/23 Big Sun and Big Crowds

Crystal - 04/23 Big Sun and Big Crowds

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Apr 2022 16:15 #235925 by ddk
Ski Report - Nice early morning before the weekend hoards showed up.  Felt fairly cold even with the nice sun.  Fair sized early crowd expecting typical weekend opening time....didn't happen though even with the announced 9am start time, the gates on CHex swung open at 8:45.  Good grooming with some upper runs fairly icy (MIFB), lower mountain and LS softened in the sun extra early....sadly the crowds showed up by 10am and since I don't like lift lines I started to ski Lower BullFerk which was very nice and the no line on CHex helped....Paused for a while at the base around 11 waiting for the early rush to end - it did not...so I bailed at noon for a sadly to short day.   

Other - No known soup on the mountain.... big lines for food around the base food court.  A, B and C all almost full when I left with a few cars in D. Still lots of cars heading up, but many might have been day hikers.  Drive up and down was very pleasant with no traffic in the direction I was heading, saw lots of Elk in the clear cut before Fed Forest and just past the Greenwater Fire station, plus random ones elsewhere on the drive up.  Twas a fun morning...maybe tomorrow will be mellower.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.