Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/17 Happy Easter!

Crystal - 04/17 Happy Easter!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Apr 2022 15:59 #235910 by ddk
Crystal - 04/17 Happy Easter! was created by ddk
Ski Report - Short report - Great February skiing on Easter Sunday....best overall conditions in the last month.... groomers great, off piste north facing great, sun great, crowd small enough on the slopes to be great, new overnight snow was cold smoke great....it was just a very GREAT fun last regular season day!

And the too many words report - Ouch!  Happy Easter and we were happy to get the pleasure of skiing today, it was also the first Sunday since last April for us.   Great day! Cold early, but big SUN! and Blue Bird sky's.  Nice views of the local mountains.  Great February quality grooming (maybe better).  2 to 4 new depending on where you were.  Fair early crowd for the 8:30 bell and it was game on....FUN!  North facing slopes I did were great....Sunnyside (old chair 2 line) was great till about half way when the frozen lumps and ruts made it more challenging - only did that once....duh!   Did a PB lap that was pretty nice except for the mine field at the top.  LS and MIFB where great smooth screamers for the EXP's today....  #1 was  having a  great morning early on FQex when we finally bumped into each other at REX... it was a work out for me the rest of the day - had to (got to) do Kelly's Gap which was very nice and lower E bumps where a great workout for me.  Late morning CB lodge break for #1 allowed me another PB run...then the real workout....#1 wanted to do Hamburger - ouch!  I  whined almost all the way out...it actually was very nice except for all the Southback skiers blowing past us.  After that back to nice and easy fun screamer groomers including GV Bowl and MIFB.  Great day!

Other - I passed through CB lodge to check late morning...#1 had another Chicken Sandwich and eventually I did get to many fry's with barby sauce. Soup  was Tomato Bisque! Ouch how many bags of Tomato stuff did someone order this season....pizza looked typical...fairly crowded my real sit down visit later morning.  No really bad lift lines, a little cluster around FQex, but no lines on REX and GVex was mellow early as was Ch6 all morning for me.   Special folks parking pretty full as was the A lot when we left late afternoon - well  1:30, late for me, seemed to notice cars in the carpool lot, B was very well parked and pushing full as was C lot and D lot and I think cars were in E lot....and that was the whole deal.   Drive up was record setting for us - saved 5 minutes?  Few Elk around the ranch both up and down for us today.  Drive down was almost as good - especially in the lowlands.   Great day....rest of the extended season could be like today for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Apr 2022 10:29 - 18 Apr 2022 10:31 #235911 by Lowell_Skoog
Replied by Lowell_Skoog on topic Crystal - 04/17 Happy Easter!
Great to meet you Mr. ddk.
I guess we ended up on the same chair when you and #1 met at REX.
When you mentioned heading to the lodge to check out the soup, I wondered if I had actually bumped in to Crystal's most renowned ski reporter. Glad I asked.
It was a great day on the hill, my best day at Crystal this year. I wish I'd been up there more!
Last edit: 18 Apr 2022 10:31 by Lowell_Skoog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.