Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/14 BIG part two.

Crystal - 04/14 BIG part two.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Apr 2022 16:35 #235903 by ddk
Crystal - 04/14 BIG part two. was created by ddk
Ski Report - Short Version OUCH!  Not a big deep pow day, but the quality of the Crystal world today that I got to partake in was AWSOME!  Incredible grooming on the groomers I (and #1) did AWSOME, off piste way better than expected AWSOME! Crowd participation happily lacking AWSOME!  Vis mostly great with snow falling and lots of cold Sun AWSOME!  Way better than the Hamster expected and way more things I should have skied AWSOME!  Great last Thursday of the season!  Coverage is the best of the last month and next Monday or all next week will be ultra sad....who's open next week? Looks like time to finally road trip somewhere!

More words - Small  early crowd  for CHex opening, cold, sunny? Early was a question, but most of the day was so big and nice that I wish I was not such a hamster....Saw amazing skiing off the King  late morning, skied  great off piste myself in GV Bowl and a happy Door run....but alas  I  was  almost  nice  today and skied a lot of great runs with #1 and she was skiing strong today...and the EXP's came back out for a great carving fun day on some of the best grooming I've seen - felt like early Feb with the cold temps and quality snow - OUCH!  Ultra small participation today meant no lift lines  and mostly empty slopes....Heard lots of T2B folks skiing Kellys Gap and gotta say when I relented and did it with #1 early afternoon it was very nice groomer skiing - plus the bonus of skiing happy big bumps on lower E!   Really fun day, if every ski day could be like today - ouch!  Fired up to suffer more tomorrow.

Other - Passed through CB lodge a little longer with  #1 than I wanted during the biggest sunny nice period of the day....soup looked good - Veggie Lentil something or other, pizza looked  like typical season cardboard cheese or peporoni....#1 finally had a Chicken sandwich and I got the fry's (the hot sauce made the fry's great).  When we left  the mountain today the special folks  parking ? was kinda full, rest of A pay lot maybe 2/3 full, Carpool lot (?) had cars in it, rest of C was pushing 3/4 and B had cars past the shuttle stop, cars in D and I gotta say that might have been it....so it was another never ending spring break week.  Drive up  this  morning  at cruise control happy speed - noticed a few Elk in places, drive down was even happier till the mobile home construction zone - 5  minute pause for what?  Rest of  the  lowland drive  typical....Great day! Could do  another month of days like today!   OUCH!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2022 20:06 #235905 by Carbonj
Replied by Carbonj on topic Crystal - 04/14 BIG part two.
Yep, the king was really fun. Every day this week has been cold, so the snow is great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.