Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal 04/11 February Winter Storm Day

Crystal 04/11 February Winter Storm Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Apr 2022 16:32 #235897 by ddk
Ski Report - Fair sized early powder crowd lined up early for CHex (since the Bucket was on wind hold).  Cold, windy, snowing all morning.  Early east wind that had scoured the ridge tops and a lot of GV Bowl.  Nicer deeper snow lower down.  Heard big reports about EH and Upper E, plus a fair number skiing the front side of REX.  I started out kinda slow this morning due to marginal vis and lots of wind drifts.  When I finally got rolling it was multiple runs down BP's and OuterFerks with a late morning run down PB which was very nice after getting off the top.  The ice layer under all the new is there and in high traffic or steep south facing areas the ice was very obvious.   Fun day skiing in a February storm.... finally!

Other - Passed through CB lodge late morning (had my illegal sandwich).  Soup was Ched Broc again (asked about Chiicken Noodle before closing day - not gonna happen!).  Pizza I saw looked typical, but apparently per Myikat it was at least warm - nice to see him today and get a couple of chair rides and runs.  No real lift lines today even though GVex was broke for the first hour - once it and CH 6 opened what lines were around disappared....I think EH must have been pretty busy.  Drive was extra early and saw a few Elk as I got to Greenwater - big danger today was all the twitter birds playing chicken with my windshield.  Snow on the road from Camp Shepard area and there was still snow in between the lanes on the way down - no snowplows anymore.  Saw a few Elk on the way home just before Greenwater again.  Should be a big day tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
11 Apr 2022 20:53 #235899 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Crystal 04/11 February Winter Storm Day
Yes, it was a very good day. It stayed cold and cloudy so the snow quality was right up there all day long. The only lift line was on chair 6 but we got in a couple of laps before it built up.  The only real downside was some flat light especially on the traverse out to hamburger where you could not see the wind rills across the trail.  For this powder starved season this was a bonus day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.