Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/05 Full Winter Powder Deal

Crystal - 04/05 Full Winter Powder Deal

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Apr 2022 14:58 #235881 by ddk
Ski Report - Big day, Big deep new cold snow...had probably my best run-down Sunnyside in a couple of years...knee deep face shots.... Yee Haa!  Also, Big crowds...biggest I've seen on a weekday since covid mellowed...Nice Big sun early...kinda sad since it was a warm sun....so much for the deep cold smoke snow.... Big slow lifts running on diesel again...helped to make for some of the biggest lineups all morning...Big improvement on the coverage but it will not last with the Big warm sun the next few days.   Fun while it lasted, but for #1 and I it did not last very long...one of our shortest days in a while, pulled out of the A lot at 11:30 - ouch! Crowded slopes for her were too much and the late morning lift lines were too much for me.

Other - Never got into CB lodge to check the soup or pizza.... instead, we had a very nice lunch at Charlies in Enumclaw...very very good.  All the parking lots were full when we left of badly parked car rows...not many parking attendants as the season is over and Crystal had yellow coat management out working today - CHex line control this morning?   Drive up was entertaining with lots of Elk (tall rodents) in the clearcuts before Fed Forest and deep snow on 410 passed the Ranch area - snowplow drivers now also in short supply.... Drive down was so early that it was record time driving back into the lowlands mess.  Fun was had and when I checked the cams early afternoon, I think we should have sat around in one of the lodges for a while this morning.... oh well there is always leftovers tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
05 Apr 2022 17:56 #235882 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Crystal - 04/05 Full Winter Powder Deal
Crystal, WOW
The first WOW is for the conditions. Plenty cold, good visibility, and at least 2 feet of nice dry fluff.
The second WOW is for the amount of powder pigs that were out today. All the parking lots were full and they were lift lines. The lines to get up the mountain in the morning were really long and they never seem to let up on the lifts that led to the best powder. We waited in at least four lines that were 15 minutes at least, and this was on a Tuesday. One run we skied passed a mid mountain lift and ran all the way to the bottom to avoid a big line. That worked out OK as the lower part of the mountain was skiing well in the morning.
The third WOW is for how well the cut up, skied up stuff skied. It was light enough that you could just blow through the piles. We opted for quality vs quantity and still got enough skiing to be legged out by 2 o'clock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.