Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/29 Hawaii Fun in the SUN!

Crystal - 03/29 Hawaii Fun in the SUN!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Mar 2022 16:37 #235853 by ddk
Expected to see a CD post by now?  Oh well here is my Hamster version....

Ski Report - Big Sun, Big Warm, not Big Crowd, Big Bad Grooming...took a couple of early runs off of REX to find the only nicely groomed line in the early morning icy time (front side cat track to Windy Pass across the Doors to narrow groomed slots on LS to a very prime Gandy's), didn't much mater by 10 am when the sun exposures started to go off.   #1 did FQex early and was mostly happy.... I poked around GV and runs off REX - lower Valley main runs not groomed and pretty bouncy early - don't know if it ever improved.  I bumped into the Ferkinator which got me to ski mid-morning MIFB which was just starting to get happy and then Lower Ferks (Bullrun) which was very nice mid-morning and later with #1.  Things continued to get softer all day - lots of reports of fair Bucket Line skiing into great Lower E late morning and apparently a very nice time skiing EH to the D lot shuttle stop.  Rocks popping, not a lot of quality grooming on the upper mountain, didn't notice any sticky snow and I did have fun on Sunnyside early afternoon.... I think anywhere for big snow sliders in the sun this afternoon would have been awesome.

Other - Had a late morning lunch at CB lodge with #1...I got lucky and the soup was Chicken Noodle  (and it was very good), also oinked a big paper thin slice of supreme pizza -  edible but crunchy.  No lift lines today again - season is way over.  A lot had a big space reserved for buses? Didn't notice any when we left mid afternoon.  Big special folks parking, lots of construction prep around the base, Pay lot smallish and fullish, free part of A lot pretty full finally, Carpool lot big and empty, a few rows in B and C might have been a quarter fullish and that was about it.   Drive up and down end of season pleasant, only a few Elk sighted as we drove into Greenwater  this morning....Big fun in the Sun!  First day I got down to full Hawaii shirt and gear (baseball gloves, baseball hat and Oakley's!  Happy!).  Great fun day in the sun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2022 11:56 #235864 by RB2
Replied by RB2 on topic Crystal - 03/29 Hawaii Fun in the SUN!
Been hoping to spot one of those "tall rodents" ddk reports from time to time this past season but am unclear what to look for, thinking it might be one of these!  Perhaps he sees them on the drive down on nice days after some "patio time"!  Here's my current candidates!

Attachments:

• Powderchaser Steve
  • [sconney]
More
01 Apr 2022 07:52 #235865 by Powderchaser Steve
Replied by Powderchaser Steve on topic Crystal - 03/29 Hawaii Fun in the SUN!
How bumped out were the trails under REX? Or to the skiers left of the chair through the gates as you ski left down that ridge?   Is chair 6 terrain holding up? 

More
01 Apr 2022 09:01 #235866 by RB2
Replied by RB2 on topic Crystal - 03/29 Hawaii Fun in the SUN!
On Tues under rex all bumps as were runs to skiers left (sunnside & memorial), though top left side of memorial less so but cover getting thinner.  Upper E was not bumped and skied well as did gondi line, though bottom E melting out on the final steep pitch.  Didn't do chair 6 but powder bowl bumps looked good from below lucky shot.  Things will need to warm up today (Fri) before these areas become skiable again.