Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Alpental, Silver Fir, Central 3/25

Alpental, Silver Fir, Central 3/25

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
25 Mar 2022 17:15 #235844 by Quick foot
Alpental, Silver Fir, Central 3/25 was created by Quick foot
I started the day at Silver Fir, waiting for Apental to thaw out.   The snow there was nice spring like from the get-go. The only downside was the steeper mogul faces had snowboard moguls on them which means long scooped out troughs with Sharp ridges in between.  It was hard to find nice round bumps. That also goes for the main faces at Summit Central. There were a few areas that had better bumps.  I left about 11 o'clock, just when some of the flats were starting to get sticky.

Alpental skied much better.  The snow had nicely softened. The lower chair had some really fun bumps just off of the groomed. The bonus was chair two, the upper chair, had some really fun skiing. There were a couple of areas where you had to watch out for rocks but in most places the coverage was really good. International was closed because of being in the shade and being firm. I took a little break about 1215 or so. When I came back international had opened.  It's skied really well. Nice friendly bumps, just right corn, and hardly any people. It kicked my ass but it was well worth it.  Thanks to the upper mountain at Alpental the stoke-o-meter got way up there.  I really hope I can get another spring day in at Alpental with Nash being open.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
27 Mar 2022 10:11 #235850 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Alpental, Silver Fir, Central 3/25
Glad you got International in good conditions! Goto Les Arch, France for better, rounded bumps! No lie! Right our of ARC 2000, there are 2,000’ plus black and double black runs that are north and east facing. Something always roped off in the spring, but you can hop in anytime you think it’s softened! No pass pulling!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.