Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal -3/24 Brutal Morning

Crystal -3/24 Brutal Morning

• CD
  • [CD]
More
24 Mar 2022 15:30 #235836 by CD
Crystal -3/24 Brutal Morning was created by CD
Last night's hard freeze was not kind to the mountain.  Also not kind was the lack of any sort of warming this morning due to filtered sun and a cold east wind.  The groomers were horrible and off-piste unskiable.  After trying the usual suspects on REX, we bailed for Forest Queen where the runs were tolerable.  We spent our morning there and in the Campbell Basin lodge.  It was that bad.  There was no soup and the pizza looked like cardboard with fake cheese.  What they were passing off as meatballs looked more like Scoobie Snacks and not human food.  Come on Crystal.  You can throw a Digiorno in that pizza oven and have better pizza than that.  At noon, Ferkberg finally softened.  The groomed areas of GV never did and remained smooth unedgeable ice.  So, it was ridge to Ferkberg or suffer our way down GV for a Sluiceway to lower E which had the most fun snow in the afternoon.  I almost lost my will to ski the rest of the season this morning.  The few fun runs in the afternoon brought me back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
24 Mar 2022 15:45 #235837 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Crystal -3/24 Brutal Morning
I guess I skied today. I'll agree with Ddk on one thing. The pizza in the lodge (my every other year foray into Campbell Lodge to avoid horrible conditions) the pizza is somewhere between weird and bad. But, one of the best things on the mountain today, but that might be the beer talking. Finally some goodness on lower half of the mountain saved the day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.