Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/23 More Sun and Heat

Crystal - 03/23 More Sun and Heat

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Mar 2022 16:45 #235835 by ddk
Ski Report - Day started warmer but the snow was firmer, grooming was not as good as yesterday (at least on LS and MIFB...LS early better), off piste in GV Bowl early was pretty bouncy but by 10 it was going to happy soft.  #1 spent the day chasing Mr and Ms Binx around the mountain - wore her out and by the time we hooked back up at CB lodge for a late lunch we both were kinda tired.  No real info from me about most of the mountain - definitely a hamster treadmill kinda day for me.... saw a few early attempts at PB that did not look good...but someone mentioned to #1 that PB was pretty prime late morning.   Crystal was mostly in the Rainier donut hole today - clouds blowing around to the east and north and south and west and mostly nice warm sun in the core Crystal area.  Ultra-light crowd, no lift lines and mostly empty slopes.

Other - Did a late lunch at CB lodge...I had a piece of pizza (wasn't a meat lovers like yesterday, but it was Crystal trying to use up their sausage meatballs and it was pretty tasty with the sweet chili sauce I added).  Soup was?? Carrot something - think I'm getting really old since I can't remember all the things included.... pretty empty lodge with nice sunny views of the King.   Quit around noon with no buses in the A lot, plenty of parking for special folks, A pay lot small and not full, free part of A lot only had one row and was 90% empty - folks still don't know that Monday thru Thursday its open, Carpool lot empty, C maybe 1/3 full, B lot had a few rows of cars and that was about it.   Drive up and down was mostly happy and at speed, saw a few Elk on both sides of the road before Fed Forest.  Another fun day in the spring sun and a really couple of big days for #1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.