Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/22 Spring Soft

Crystal - 03/22 Spring Soft

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Mar 2022 16:23 #235830 by ddk
Crystal - 03/22 Spring Soft was created by ddk
Ski Report - Fuzzy grey overcast early but good vis that gradually went to full sun.  Snow soft from the starting bell, grooming for #! on FQex early apparently very nice, grooming on REX (LS and MIFB plus the Valley) better than expected and off piste for me - GV Bowl was very happy fun soft bumps...just firm enough underneath to carve a turn and happy soft enough on top to slice through it all - probably helped that I actually but on warm spring wax on our skis....but the sticky's did appear down low and on the flatter sections near the bottom of REX to the base.  Didn't go many places, so as usual this report is kinda limited.  But it was warm and spring and soft and the coverage is thin in spots but still great all things considered this wacky season.  Very end of season light crowd, never a lift line, lots of empty chairs including the Bucket which #1 rode once today.

Other - Split a gluten free burger with #1 at CB lodge...cant remember what the soup was, it was a CB lodge creation and it was orange colored...lots of pizza and they've finally started to use up the fancy custom pizza ingredients....so today had slices of items that were not only cheese and pepporini - WOW!  Might have to try one tomorrow....No buses in the A lot today, special folks lot was big, construction zone is growing, pay lot smallish and not fullish, free part of A lot was pretty empty (nobody seems to know about it?) Carpool area big and empty (why a carpool lot when there is free parking in the A lot?) , rest of C past half full, B lot and the rest of the lots were pretty empty.   Drive up and down was at speed and quiet...didn't notice any Elk today.  Fun day, beat up my quads on the soft snow in the Valley bumps - made me very happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.