Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/18 Hamster Heaven Fun

Crystal - 03/18 Hamster Heaven Fun

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Mar 2022 16:59 #235817 by ddk
Ski Report - Very nice day, mostly sunny while I was on the mountain, better grooming than yesterday, larger crowd...but no lift lines of concern where I was. Big fast solo hamster in a treadmill day for me (10k per hour kinda day and not all of it was groomers).  Started with REX runs down Pro Course to MIFB and then alternated that with some runs into the Valley and LS (LS was groomed wall to wall today and skied very nicely on skiers' right side coming from Little Portillo) ...Did lots of GV Bowl bump runs today - very hamster happy.... but PB kept calling so did my first repeat laps skiers' right side and it was very good (bad report from Mr Ferd yesterday about conditions). Snowpack is nice right now - had a small dusting last night which always helps.  Beat myself up with lots of happy bumps today!  It was much fun or me!

Other - Passed through CB lodge on my PB laps and the soup was Tomato Bazil again (asked if they might run out of the left over soon?)  Massive quantity of typical pizza...I had homemade sandwiches of Corned Beef and Cabbage from our St Pattys leftovers - excellent I must say!   5 and a half buses in the A lot (with one running his engine smoking up the parking lot), special parking area big and pushing full, lots on construction activity around the base, rest of A was permit only and pushed passed 3/4 full, lots of cars in the Carpool area, rest of C badly parked rows that tried to fill the lot, B lot was similarly parked and around 3/4 full, some cars in D...so it was a pretty fair late arrival crowd.  Drive up and down was very happy and I saw more Elk on the way home than in the morning (more light and they were mostly bedded down beside the road in the Ranch areas.

Other Sad Other - someone got a ambulance ride to the F lot for a Heli ride out....saw a nasty accident scene on Magoos under FQex - not sure the two are connected....but as always folks need to be more careful and watch for others...It was another sometimes overly high speed day on the slopes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
18 Mar 2022 17:32 #235818 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Crystal - 03/18 Squirrel's Delight
Ran into DDK for a run and a chair ride. Skied the rest of the area Ddk didn't. Some good, some bad, and some ugly. Most of the bad turned good later in the day. Beware any new snow or freezing. It's spring, take a guess which are the good aspects. Traffic slower than a snow-on-the-road winter day - going home.

More
18 Mar 2022 20:30 - 18 Mar 2022 20:36 #235819 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Crystal - 03/18 Squirrel's Delight
ddk.... 10k per hour??? Was that in the dream before you left the house?
When Club Vertical was happening at Crystal in the 90s, it was a huge day
 to hit 50k, and that was non stop on Rex till at least 3:00 to 3:30.
We hit 33k on Thursday with the Fireman and crew and left around 2:00 pm.
I'm glad you had a great day.

Last edit: 18 Mar 2022 20:36 by Binx.