Crystal - 3/16

• CD
  • [CD]
More
16 Mar 2022 16:31 #235798 by CD
Crystal - 3/16 was created by CD
CD here filling in for ddk who is on assignment.  Actually, I don't know where ddk was today.  4 - 8 inches of medium density powder today.  Enough that most of the ice was covered. Not enough to fill in all the bumps.  Started the day doing frontsides and GVs.  When Northway opened, headed back there for several good runs.  When we came back from NW, the sun had baked anything south facing resulting in heavy mashed potatoes or packed solid lumps.  Spent the rest of the day finding the shady spots until Ferkberg actually got pounded down, consolidated, and then re-softened.  Several GV to Ferkberg runs with a couple to the bottom down Deerfly.  Then, our day was over.  I think the groomers will be good tomorrow as will GV.  Other than that, look for north facing shady aspects.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2022 19:57 #235800 by sommda
Replied by sommda on topic Crystal - 3/16
I was there from 11AM to close.  I skied Green Valley, Northway, and Chair 6.  North facers remained good all day.  Other aspects that got sun baked--not so much.  Best runs of the day were Northway Bowl and Powder Bowl (both had nice preserved powder).  Worst run I did was Employee Housing -- I hit it way too late and anything out of the shade was heavy glop.  I didn't touch the Frontside.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.