Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/14 Bonus Morning

Crystal - 03/14 Bonus Morning

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Mar 2022 16:51 #235795 by ddk
Crystal - 03/14 Bonus Morning was created by ddk
Ski Report - Early grey vis in the CHex lineup....Blue skies? Foggy skies?...minor happy early crowd....Top of REX - sunshine happy unexpected fun...grooming variable - nasty at the bottom of MIFB early..., pretty good over all on LS (but narrower groomed path - be careful on the edges)...Crystal was in the early morning Rainier donutty hole! Very nice.  No lift lines at all, great grooming in places and marginal grooming in other places.  Valley nice and off piste in the GV Bowl was good enough for repeats....Pro Course fun....heard not so pleasant reports from BearPits and Kellys Gap (Thanks ex-Fireman, made my life easier)...off piste was brutal in the little pokes I did....Great new groomed option was the front side cat track across the top of the Doors! Awesome alternative to the back side road to LS (backside road was actually better than normal - no snowmobile rut up the middle like normal!).   Fun day, great for #1 with the light crowd - not as many downhill racers as normal.  Sun lasted till around 11 when light snow flacks started falling...by noon it was full on white stuff up high...but pretty wet at the base when we bailed on the weather and my ackey quads.

Other - Passed through CB lodge...#1 had a bowl of fries....I had illegal food...Soup was Red Vegy Lentil...no pizza available today - staffing is starting to get thin.  No buses in the A lot....fair sized special folks area....April 1st construction prep is  building around the base ticket area - new double wide mobile structure, new ticket shacks....lots of fencing.....rest of A lot? Comment from someone else was - "is the weekday pay lot gone?" hhhhmmmm....hard to tell... most of A lot empty.   Carpool lot worthless...rest of C lot working on 2/3rd ish....B lot had cars to the shuttle stop...cars in D and that was pretty much it.  Drive up was Daylight Saving Time dark...no elk noticed...drive down was very happy an empty end of season driving...with lots of happy rain in the lowlands!    FUN DAY...the Glass was definitely over half full for both of us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.