Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/09 Sun and Cold and Clouds and Snowing

Crystal - 03/09 Sun and Cold and Clouds and Snowing

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Mar 2022 18:20 #235786 by ddk
Ski Report - Ultra late post? Time warp?  Day started with lots of sun promise, fair sized end of season weekday crowd for the starting gate...great grooming of the nice 3 or so new, but it was COLD!  Fun to be had in lots of places - GV Bowl, but it went fast with the crowd.  #1 had a big day starting on FQex but rapidly migrated to REX...didn't know for a while.  We did Kellys Gap - nice and variable and quiet.  Weather started turning mid-morning to more and more clouds and SNOW falling from the sky, and it felt colder.  Fair crowd on the groomer slopes. We bailed kinda early due to the cold snowstorm....it was getting lighter as we left the mountain.  Twas a fun day.

Other - Stopped in CB lodge, #1 had another Gluten Burger, I finally tried the Pike Place Chowder, and it was as expected very good.... soup of the day was Lobster Bisque (orangy yellow stuff with no firm stuff from what I saw) .... pizza as boringly usual.... big crowd in CB lodge while we were there.   

Other Other - 4 buses in the A lot, Special folks parking looked completely full, rest of the new sized small pay lot was pushing full, rest of free A lot had a lot of cars in it, Carpool lot? I spaced when we drove by...B lot impressed me with lots of random single rows pushing it well passed 3/4, C lot pushing full, cars in D and E....so it was a big end of season weekday crowd.    Drive up and down at happy speed - we didn't notice any tall rodents again today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.