Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/07 Fun in the Sun

Crystal - 03/07 Fun in the Sun

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Mar 2022 17:05 #235773 by ddk
Crystal - 03/07 Fun in the Sun was created by ddk
Ski Report - Great day, good groomers, with early morning softening, snow coverage great, no crowds (looks like season is almost over), big sun all day, great views, fairly warm.... Best runs for me today - GV Bowl! and MIFB....GV Bowl center was perfect carveable snow that looked almost like it had been groomed.... MIFB was nicely groomed and started to soften very early.  Finally did PB - first time in way to long....did a chalky smooth line way skiers' right side - nice but didn't suck me into repeats.  Heard Bearpits was pretty nice.  No lift lines, not many folks sliding on snow today.... very fun day.... #1 had a big day and we both skied past 1pm - wow!  Skied all the way from Snorting Elk to PB....really pushing the edges of the hamster treadmill.

Other - #1 took a CB lodge break late morning...I just passed through to check the soup...Tomato Basil?  Lots of Pizza of the only two types they sell by the slice.  As noted, no lift lines, pleasant fairly empty slopes...When we left the A lot area was smaller with the loading area and shuttle stop pushed further from the base lodges.  Special  folks area was large and the A pay lot started below the Alpine Inn bridge....rest of A lot was maybe half full, Carpool lot empty, rest of C widely spaced half full, B lot tried to fill to the shuttle stop, cars in C and D....Big late season Monday crowd?   Drive up and down mostly at speed, we didn't see any Elk, but heard other folks saw a bunch, especially in the Alta Inn area.   Big fun day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
07 Mar 2022 18:46 #235775 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Crystal - 03/07 Fun in the Sun
Crystal Monday, Rainier with a cap
We started skiing a bit after 10 00 which worked out about right The snow was just getting soft In the sun. A couple of very nice warmup groomers on Forest Queen, then Green Valley. GV goody face was fun. Snorting Elk was ok but firm. On the front side Sunny Side skied ok, it was plenty soft, but a lot of work. Thirty years ago I would have lapped it. Powder Bowl left was almost survival Skiing. Lucky Shot was spring good. The run of the day was top to bottom, Green Vally Bowl to Mid Ferks, to Lower Bull. The only down side being some bare ground.

Was a beautiful sunny day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.