Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/04 Nice day

Crystal - 03/04 Nice day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Mar 2022 16:21 #235762 by ddk
Crystal - 03/04 Nice day was created by ddk
Ski Report - Lifts running on real juice was nice, fuzzy early vis gave way to nice morning sunshine.  Grooming was better but very firm from the colder overnight temps.  Sun did soften MIFB to perfect smooth fun around 11am.  Best off piste area we did was the center line of GV Bowl which was prime packed powder smooth with small baby bumps - #1 even liked it.  #1 had a big day starting on FQex, but came over to REX to get some (for her) good runs in the Valley, MIFB and LS.  No significant lift lines (just a few short pauses) today though it was a Friday and there were a lot more folks on the slopes.  Fun day, good workout - I can feel my quads right now.

Oher - Took what ended up being a way to long of a break at CB lodge where a lot of folks were...busiest I've seen it in a while.  Split a gluten free burger and fries which made me feel like a slug again today....gotta stop that.  Soup was Ched Broc, lots of pizza available today, just wish they could have some more variety (cheese and pepperoni all the time).

Other other - Pay lot was back to typical, a couple of buses, large special folks parking and the rest of A maybe halfish full.  Carpool lot 3/4 full (impressive!), rest of C looked pretty full, half of B lot was again available for parking - half was still rutted from the stream flow through it.  D and E full.  So, there was a fair crowd somewhere today.   Drive up and down very pleasant - saw Elk on both sides of Fed Forrest this morning plus a few other random ones around.... even saw one Elk in Fed Forest when we drove down.   Fun day for us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.