Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/03 Sun and New Snow

Crystal - 03/03 Sun and New Snow

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Mar 2022 16:21 #235759 by ddk
Ski Report - Big improvement over yesterday, crowd bigger but still end of season sized.  Grooming was way better on the groomers I did (LS and MIFB), snow quality due to another 3 to 4 inches new was very nice - especially for me in GV Bowl and the top 2/3 of SunnySide (bottom 1/3 was brutal soft unconsolidated nasty - might have been better if I'd had the Coombas). More nice sun with a little early morning wispy fog, but it got total sun by mid-morning.  No lift lines again today.  Only negative was that Crystal still has power problems, so REX was running on diesel and it was slow.... other lifts I rode or looked at were running way faster (GVex, FQex and the Bucket).  Had fun and could feel my ackey old quads.

Other - Passed through CB lodge to check the soup and it was so memorable that I can't remember what it was?  No pizza today cause there weren't enough cooks?   Views of the King and folks skiing Campbell Basin were nice.

Other Other - Two buses, massive big special folks parking, small paid lot area with the last 1/3 of the lot open to general parking (Crystal managed to not let the public know about this since when I left C, D and E lots were full and late arrivals didn't know about the empty space in the A lot.  Big grader was trying to fill in the stream beds in B lot (which was closed again today).  Drive up and down at end of season cruise control speed, didn't notice any tall rodents today.  All in all, a nice day in the SUN!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.