Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Steven’s Pass Great But Warming 2/27221

Steven’s Pass Great But Warming 2/27221

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
28 Feb 2022 08:29 #235754 by avajane
My work days at Stevens are Thursday and Friday, but the boss said she was hurting for Sunday-Tuesday, so I worked yesterday, and set myself up to ski today….

Yesterday was a powder day with the usual icy patches. Some will say it was heavy, but my bad knee said otherwise, because if I can turn on low angle powder without pain - it’s good snow :)

First tracks from Hogs to Tye Mill were soft and deeper than expected with 6-7”. Later in the morning, Tye edges were still good, as most of the powder skiers were on the backside. I only got one run on the backside around 2 and had a blast! The snow was dumping and felt very  wet…but it was still easy to turn…10” new by then up high.

I had a space payed for in the RV lot, and was getting excited for a big powder Monday when a patroller showed up and burst my bubble…He said rain at 4am was forecast, and they expected it to be heavy and to do their avy control for them!  I already had a friend skiing, who had come up to couch surf on my sofa for the big day Monday! After meeting in the Bullstooth after work, we both decided to drive back home to avoid the warm up. 

This morning there is over 20” in the last 24 hours and I might be kicking myself, as the warm up is slowing down. However the avy forecast is so high the ski area may not open. Road closed  at 7. Last night there were rumors about only two lifts open. Only Daisy is on standby.  Still wondering if I have to kick myself…
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.