• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • ddk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 Feb 2022 16:53 #235740 by ddk
Crystal - 02/24 Cold Sun was created by ddk
Ski Report - Back to fill in for CD....Big sun, big cold - but almost balmy compared to recent days, 3 to 4 new plus deeper pockets blown into some areas, early groomers (LS and MIFB) where all tracked out before the lifts opened to the public (photo ops? junior free riders?....hhhhmm!)  All still good Valley bumps looked entertaining, and they were.  MIFB first run with the new layer on top of the grooming sounded and felt kinda weird?  Wore extra layers and my covid face mask and it was enough in the sun with no winds to be bearable.  #1 had fun early on FQex and then dragged me kicking and whining around the upper mountain - Valley towards West Face, SnortElk, that dang Kelly's Gap thing - actually she drug me over to below Birds Nest? Or is it Eagles Roost? (CMSkier or Binx opinions? - Anyway, far skiers right below Rock Face, it was actually very nice. Definitely some icy scraped out traffic areas, some sun softening which will help improve the quality of some slopes first thing tomorrow.  Still some rocks in places - missed a couple I should have picked up. No lift lines to speak of.  Still jerk skiers racing down the back side road to LS (got in another verbal discussion with a SnowJoke jerk about it, gonna ding Crystal about it).  It was still a fun day with big cold sun, glad to slip and slide around the mountain again today.

Other - Stopped into CB lodge for a ultra-late lunch for us...noticed what looked like the Ched Broc soup, split a Gluten Freeeeee Burger with #1 (and then wanted to go take a nap - ouch).  She lasted longer on the slopes skiing with Ross than I did today....

Other other - 3 Buses in the A lot, to small of a area for the special parking folks, rest of A pushing half (noticed today that the A lot permit parking shuts down at 1pm? hhhmmm).  When we left the carpool lot was free for all, B lot had stupid rows that filled 3/4 of it, C lot was pushing full, cars in D and E?   Question where do all those folks go on the mountain?  Drive up happy with one lazy tall rodent in Greenwater that took her time getting out of the road.  Drive down was freeway driving fast with tailgaters all the way down.   

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.