Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Stevens 2/15 to foggy, to icy

Stevens 2/15 to foggy, to icy

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
15 Feb 2022 17:37 #235715 by Quick foot
Stevens 2/15 to foggy, to icy was created by Quick foot
It was just too foggy and too icy to be good. The fog was patchy and drifted around. One run might be OK for part of it and the next time it might be socked in. It did snow a bit in the afternoon but not enough to accumulate. There was one to 2 inches of new which did make for some interesting off piste skiing. I tried a lot of trees with mixed results. The only places that were good were areas that were totally smooth underneath the dusting. Anything that wasn't smooth was frozen ruts and chicken heads.  It really wasn't as bad as I am making it sound as you could avoid the ice for the most part on the groomers if you stuck to the piles. The Jupiter chair side had the softest snow as usual. The visibility back there wasn't any better than on the front side. They are still not running all of the chairs. Lines were nonexistent too small. The stoke-o- meter never got off the peg but I did have fun and that's what counts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: avajane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Powderchaser Steve
  • [sconney]
More
16 Feb 2022 07:47 #235716 by Powderchaser Steve
Replied by Powderchaser Steve on topic Stevens 2/15 to foggy, to icy
How badly rutted is the backside under the southern cross chair? Would a foot of powder cover up most of the chicken?  I think 12-15 inches Is very likely from Saturday to Sunday.  How much to cover? Are they running chairs in any pattern, like weekends, or certain days? If they get a foot will they shut everything down as usual and keep stuff all closed. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.