Crystal -02/10 Got SUN

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Feb 2022 15:00 #235700 by ddk
Crystal -02/10 Got SUN was created by ddk
Ski Report - Blue Bird conditions from the start...soft happy groomers in the sun early (GV groomer to MIFB!) Not so nice groomers anywhere in the shade or off sun angle.  Cats did great job smoothing out and covering up the rock/dirt layer left over from yesterday...but its going fast.... looks like late April in lots of places.  Ultra-light lift line crowd - end of season quality.  Fun day, very warm, very fast early, better wax didn't hurt.  Rocks popping again (anybody ever thought about pausing and picking up one or two?  I picked up a number of them again today).  Downhill racer (both skiers and boarders) out again today - didn't much notice or care till I hooked up with #1...Big views, nice seeing the lowland cloud deck early. Fun day as usual, sadly mostly Hamster runs and late morning some shady groomers were perfect Olympic Ice-skating quality.  Got pretty warm and I was not as prepared as I should have been.

Other - Passed through CB lodge very late today....no pizza (oven broken?), soup was Tomato Bisque (hate it when I have to eat it at home - but at least then I have a nice grilled cheese sandwich).  Only one bus in the A lot when we left, special folks parking new normal and had some cars, rest of A pushing big time half, Carpool lot extra small and actually had some cars in it, rest of C randomly wide spaced 3/4 full, B was full passed the shuttle stop and that was mostly it.   Repeat it was a fun day in the sun, but if the weather pattern does not change it could be a very sad spring season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.