Crystal - 02/04

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Feb 2022 16:05 #235675 by ddk
Crystal - 02/04 was created by ddk
Ski Report - Fairly nice early load (time? hhhmmm), but a few folks were ready when the gates on CHex opened.  Looked early like the weather was going to hit, but actually ended up being very nice most of the day.  Some light snow flurries late morning and some real sun breaks thanks to the Rainier donut hole.   Early groomers I did were fast and furious (LS, MIFB and the Valley).  Groomers for #1 on FQex made her happy. Lift lines were light, but some of the downhill speed skiers made things dicey at times.  Got #1 up top mid-morning for some nice runs in the Valley and out Snortelk way - she skied strong today.   Crystals grooming crews seem kinda random all over the place lately - wall to wall some places and no grooming in other areas that would have been nice to have it.   I did go slightly off piste today in GV Bowl hard skiers right and have to say it was almost nice packed pow.   Otherwise for both of us it was an old person groomer day.

Other - Stopped into CB lodge kinda early today when the weather looked to be going bad (as is typical when #1 goes in the weather improves) ...but the bonus for me was another bowl of Chicken Noodle (and had to save that Hess sandwich for the drive home).  It was really nice and sunny when we quit skiing - tried to check one of the new shipping containers in the base area food court (sign says coming soon - all season - sometime this afternoon it was gonna happen), it looks like a good option for #1 if they ever actually open - all kinds of glut free rice bowls, even I would be interested...but it was not ready when we passed by.

Other Other - Fast dark early morning drive up, fast lots of light drive down.  5 buses in the A lot, Special folks parking was bigger and also emptier today, rest of A made it past the halfway mark, Carpool lot actually had cars in it today, rest of C almost full as was B lot, D lot was full and that was it.  Buses and cars heading up when we left, and it was raining nicely in the lowlands.   Fun day all in all for another groomer cruising day.  Didn't see any rodents on the drive. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2022 20:11 #235676 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Crystal - 02/04
Had to search but found some left over pockets of fine fresh in A basin and Silver though mostly churned up. Most of A basin was surprisingly firm, perhaps wind impacted. Nice stashes in DFF as well. My faith in La Nina is fading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.