• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • ddk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Feb 2022 16:15 - 01 Feb 2022 17:06 #235668 by ddk
Crystal - -2/01 Happy Feb COLD! was created by ddk
Ski report - COLD! Old man cold, but the new snow made the groomers better than I and #1 did and I even went off piste for a short bouncy run in GV bowl.... nice but randomly bumpy.  Another what's best of the groomers - LS and MIFB nice early for me...most of FQex early for #1 and the few runs I was nice enough over there were pleasant- except for the wind blowing up valley (nice and pleasant on FQex with the wind from behind...but....)  Didn't do anything much as seems to be typical this season for me.  Had some sun, had some fuzzy vis, had some nice COLD screamer runs and I wore extra and tested my gloves and boots for the first time in COLD conditions in a long time.  Light crowd, no real lift lines to notice, but had to be social many times.  Snow on the groomers greatly improved with the new.... another foot or two would be awesome. Side note - kinda entertaining with the new real time cam at the bottom of REX - great watching clueless folks doing weird typical clueless things in real time.

Other - Took a late break at CB lodge to warm up...pleasant with views of folks on top of the King.   Soup was a Tomato pasta thingy, pizza looked typical, but the illegal sandwich from Hess Bakery in Lakewood was awesome!  Did not notice many regular hard-core locals today - must be vacation season still.

Other Other - Drive up and down very fast and happy...anybody seen any ELK recently?  Can't remember the last time I've noticed those large rodents on the drive.  Pay lot was pushing the halfway point (mainly due to the large parking area for special folks and they deserve it.), Carpool lot was 99% empty (great idea but not working very well - maybe 2 or 3 person carpools would be better?), B might have pushed half, rest of C was working full and can't say much about any other parking.

#1 said it was a FUN day - can't disagree....
Last edit: 01 Feb 2022 17:06 by ddk. Reason: Fixed stupidity!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Subcommander
  • [Durkin314]
More
01 Feb 2022 17:39 #235669 by Subcommander
Replied by Subcommander on topic Crystal - -2/01 Happy Feb COLD!
Ungulates I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.