Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/27 Will the Sunny days ever end?

Crystal - 01/27 Will the Sunny days ever end?

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Jan 2022 16:19 #235653 by ddk
Ski Report - Big fun, Big Hamster treadmill fun, Big sun fun, Big views from Hood to the Olympics to Baker fun, Minimal crowd and no lift lines fun, reasonably nice groomer high speed fun (for a slow old man).  Best groomer run was the "new" steeper and longer Pro Course to MIFB (even early on skis that need some edge love).  Firm groomers very early, but improved in the BIG FUN SUN.  Off Piste took a while and gotta say it didn't happen for me today.  Lots of high-speed rodent skiing led to another season vert high (but pre covid wimpy vert still).  #1 had a fun morning on FQex with friends and we hooked up for some LS and GV runs before our typical old folks rest break at CB lodge (almost empty when we were there).  Did some more beat ourselves up a little mid-day into a (for us) late afternoon - Didn't pull out till after 1pm!  WOW!  Another couple weeks and maybe we'll make it till 2pm.   Crystal could really use a big hit of new snow, rocks popping out in places. Some good grooming but lots of typical places did not get any cat love last night.

Other - CB lodge had the Ched Broc soup (yuk), we ate illegally again, but my sandwich from Hess Bakery in Lakewood was very excellent.  As noted, CB lodge was very quiet.

Other other - Pay lot nowhere close to half full, Carpool lot similar, B maybe pushing halfish, think there were cars in C and D and that was about it....ultra-happy no new snow crowd - I would like some new snow, but happy with the lack of participation.   Drive up dark (but getting closer to day light) and didnt see anyone going up from the Claw to Crystal.  Drive down similar except for the relatively fast VW bug moving along mostly at speed - but its exhaust was almost as bad as my Spitfire - ouch!   Bottom line...Fun day - duh! Sliding on mostly snow in the SUN!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
27 Jan 2022 18:11 #235656 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Crystal - 01/27 Will the Sunny days ever end?
Will the sunny days ever end? Yes. You going tomorrow? Looks like a repeat and last day of sun. You passed on the Tip-of-the-Day and missed the 3 best runs of the day. Froze again quickly after that. Nice to see the fog gone at home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.