Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/25 Funnier in the SUN!

Crystal - 01/25 Funnier in the SUN!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Jan 2022 16:49 #235648 by ddk
Ski Report - Very nice sunny, bigger views in every direction up top, light winds, warmer temps made some areas very carveable.  Did mostly rodent skiing early - Upper Ferks to MIFB (icy but best grooming I've seen in a long time), LS and Valley groomers.... Best groomer run of the morning - top of GV to MIFB!  Fast and smooth and fun for lazy old out of shape legs.  So, it was a lot of high-speed repeats (ouch might be getting groomer old?).  Heard Memorial went off around 10:30 yesterday and since today was warmer and had less wind tried it around 10:15 - not ready for me at that time.  Hour later very doable, but those wimpy old legs were not doing my fav bumps justice.   I am very sure that there was a lot of front side REX runs making folks happy this afternoon.... but sadly, I did the "new" normal (ouch!) and bailed shortly after noon.  It was fun and it was big fast vert for a slow old man. Never a lift line, very light crowd.

Other - Did pass through CB lodge, soup was the Lentil stuff, pizza looked typical.  I had a nice homemade ham sandwich...other than gas a very cheap ski day.

Other Other - Pay lot maybe a 1/3 full, Carpool lot maybe 2 percent full, rest of C had cars and B did not really fill up to the shuttle stop.  Drive up dark and fast with a couple icy spots, drive down was fast and happy till the burn bypass (last day I was told!).  Nice and cloudy foggy in the lowlands - glad I missed a lot of it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.