Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/24 Fun in the SUN!

Crystal - 01/24 Fun in the SUN!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 Jan 2022 15:02 #235636 by ddk
Crystal - 01/24 Fun in the SUN! was created by ddk
Ski Report - AAAAAHHHHHHH! Fun in the sun! Fairly cold in the morning shade at CHex, but once up on the upper mountain it was very nice in the sun - not hot with the northwesterly winds up top, but every early "groomer" run off of REX was better than the last - best fun was MIFB which was boiler smooth grooming first run, but a half hour later already softening and got better all morning.  LS was reasonable early but got most of the limited traffic, so it got scraped off as the day progressed.  No lift lines - had to work to suffer another person on the REX or GVex - even FQex was nice when I hooked up with #1, who had a very pleasant early morning skiing FQex runs (except for CMAC - old name).  Got her up REX for a Valley run and LS run (kept trying to get her to do MIFB, but...would have been safer since the high-speed crowd was working LS pretty hard).  Fun morning with big views, lots of sun, almost warmish conditions and almost normal crowds for a Monday.

Other - Did a late morning social at CB lodge...no food for us, soup was the Tortilla stuff, missed out on a nice piece of pizza - but my left over (illegal) breakfast sandwich still tasted very good.  

Other other - Arrived typically early, nice quiet drive, nice that its getting lighter earlier now. No lift lines -even first load on CHex was pretty mellow (most of the hard-core regulars are off on road trips).  Skied late into the afternoon for us - uh 12:30ish?  But it was fun, got my STD (season to date - not that sex thing) vertical.... I'm almost getting to actually skiing a real day? Drive down very pleasant with no burn stoppage or detour.   Fun day...I do live for big sunny days!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.