Crystal - 01/18

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Jan 2022 16:50 #235607 by ddk
Crystal - 01/18 was created by ddk
Ski Report - Late report...My glass was half empty today...early sucker hole in GV looked promising, but it did not last.  Some good turns in the Valley bowl, but the cat grooming debris made for limited entry points.  LS and MIFB reasonable for a run each early then both were mostly sheets of ice between some ice shaving piles and lots of ice balls.   Vis was in and out, snowing lightly most of the morning.  Crowd was absent, no lift lines and happily the lifts were running on real juice.  Some power problems kept CB lodge only partially open early, no water for anything important.  Not a great day for me, but I guess it was good for my legs.

Other - Had a peperoni pizza at CB lodge, fairly eatable, soup was the almost never ending Lentil stuff.  Pay lot was maybe a 1/3 full, carpool lot empty, rest of C pushing fullish, B had cars to the shuttle station.   Drive up was very dark but the traffic was very light both up and down.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2022 09:28 #235611 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Crystal - 01/18
my first day so just cranked turns on AT gear in GV bowl where I found some smooth dust on crust. very nice lunch at the nearly empty Summit house- rate break at the top with glorious views of 'the mountain'. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.