Crystal - 01/14

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Jan 2022 14:17 #235593 by ddk
Crystal - 01/14 was created by ddk
Ski Report - Oh so SAD that that nice quality Rocky Mountain snow is no longer at Crystal...pretty much typical icy boiler plate and death cookies and a little left over new up high to hide everything underneath.... don't get me wrong - I had fun (duh? how full was the glass?).  Lots of places I knew would not be good (and didn't go to those places), early groomers off of REX and GVex were okay on the EXP's (happy they still have sharp edges), grooming was not perfect, but it was better than some of the other options.   Did ski GV Bowl skier right a number of times - didn't hurt myself and some of the turns almost felt good.  Did mostly LS and MIFB, both of which were improving with the sun thaw...but....hhhmmm.  Hooked up with #1 over on FQex where she had some early morning nice runs - by the time I got there Downhill and Queens were not very pleasant.  Its gonna take a lot of sun heat or big dumps to return to quality fun snow - but I'll be up again next Tuesday!   Did get secondhand reports that Chair 6 side slopes where not recommended and that EH and I5 were very very nasty...

Other - Soup of the day at CB lodge was Broc Cheese (or was it Cheese Broc?).  I illegally ate my Hess Bakery sandwich!  #1 had a Rice bowl which tasted interesting, but she will not  repeat.

Other Other - A lot was 3/4 full when we bailed, B 999% full as was C lot, Carpool area still had lots of space, D and E were pushing full...so a fair crowd of folks willing to pay to park showed up today, also a lot of folks heading up as we left.  Drive up this morning was mostly good (after my last passing frenzy), but definitely had some nice quality black ice in places.  Drive down was very happy till the never-ending logging operation down by the last big burn.... Had fun and now it's back to home chores - dang!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Jan 2022 14:51 #235594 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Crystal - 01/14
Sorry! I had planned on adding a little more opinion about today and cause I'm kinda  old...duh!  

Anyway, today was fun, but the downhill studs (both skiers and snowboarders) are incredibly rude and (my opinion JERKS!) .... main reason I didn't suggest to #1 to go up top today even though the conditions would have been better for her...why? Cause she doesn't like the downhill crowd practicing for the Olympics.  I saw a number of times were both skiers and snowboarders cut folks off in their need for speed!  Got in a confrontation with a wacked out snowboarder in MIFB when I and another skier were trying to help a lady get her ski on .... we were close to the edge of the grooming and there was a lot of empty space to carve big turns...but when I made a comment about giving some space as he passed us...he went totally ballistic - ouch!  Totally unjustified!  There are lots of folks of different levels of riding on snow.  Show respect to the slower folks, give space and let the person in front of you know you're coming up on them - not just some ski pole banging which I saw from the racer crowd more than once today...   Anyway, that is my rant for the day and hopefully the season!  Please have a great happy safe snow season!   and show some curtesy to the folks that aren't so perfect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.