Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 12/13 Lucky Day

Crystal - 12/13 Lucky Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Dec 2021 14:42 - 13 Dec 2021 14:45 #235431 by ddk
Crystal - 12/13 Lucky Day was created by ddk
Ski Report -  Yee Haaa! Great snow, good enough vis, fairly light crowd (no lift lines), Great snow - repeat, lots of nice new ultra-light powder (made early season conditions  kinda  dangorus). Some good grooming, lots of trees poking up still in lots of off piste  areas.  Off  piste  good if you knew what might not be good, baby bump left overs from yesterday's crowds made me happy! (and hurt my quadss).  Some rocks (and sticks and trees and stumps and ...) poking out in places, but not  to  bad.  And it was really nice snow.

Other - Would have had first CHex chair after early arrival but got a bonus VIP trip early to  FQex and some very nice, untracked snow conditions.   After that jumped into the REX line about 10 minutes before the rest of the CHex folks showed up.   Late openings, but not  to  bad on the wait.  GVex was even later opening but the rest of REX was open and fun and deep.  Beat myself up and tried to save a little for tomorrow!  Big winds when I quit up top. There were power outages today, lifts running on diesel and slow to late winds

Other Other - Big social, saw a lot of maskless friends. Arrived still early which is okay now that the lodge at the base is open early.  Drive up (early) and down (somewhat early) were pleasant with snow this morning on the road above  GreenWater.  Pay lot was fuller - maybe a third?,  C pretty full and lots of cars in B - so there were a few folks on the hill today, but it was way less crowded than any powder day last season.  Soup at CB lodge was Vegan Red Lentil (rumor is they will make me Chicken Noodle this season).  Limited early season food options pretty much everywhere.

Other Other Other - Great day and I'll be waiting for reports about the big boy skiing on Exterminator and Upper Bull....and I'll be taking some pain pills.
Last edit: 13 Dec 2021 14:45 by ddk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
13 Dec 2021 16:09 #235432 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Crystal - 12/13 Lucky Day
It was a winter wonderland. The drive up was beautiful with all the snow on the trees.  Chinook Express opened at nine and there was a pretty good back up but it went quick. All of that line move right on over to REX, so I bombed over to FQ. Forest Queen was sweet.There were a lot of nifty little places with a foot deep powder to be had.  Also the visibility was nice.  When I got up to Green Valley it was socked in at the top so I poked around on lucky shot environs. Second trip up much better vis so I skied a bunch of Green Valley stashes.  The cut up pow skied really well and the patches of untracked were stellar.  The fog / snow moved back in about 11:20 so I took a break in the Campbell Basin Lodge.  I missed ddk.  There weren't many groomed runs, only the greens, however the skied up regular runs were nice.  I also hit a couple of rocks and got tripped up by a wind rill. What a great day to begin the season.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.